COVID-19 testing information
A note about CrescentCare and COVID-19 | Información en español sobre las pruebas de COVID
COVID TESTING BY APPOINTMENT
We offer COVID testing, by appointment only, for adults who are existing primary care patients with us, and for any youth under 18. Schedule an appointment (for time slots on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings) by calling 504-821-2601. For walk-in testing sites in New Orleans, visit NOLA Ready or call 311.
We have climate-controlled visit rooms on the first floor of our garage at our St. Roch location at 1631 Elysian Fields Ave. You can enter either through the garage on N. Derbigny or through the main pedestrian entrance to the parking garage on Elysian Fields Ave. Waiting areas are not climate controlled, so please dress appropriately during hot or cold weather.
WHAT TO BRING
- ID (we test regardless of citizenship status)
- Insurance card (if you have insurance).
- If you have insurance, we will bill your insurance for testing and the visits.
- If you do not have insurance, there is federal funding to support the cost of testing and visits.
- Everyone must wear a mask while on CrescentCare property.
- We receive most test results within a few days. However, we do not have control over the lab’s turnaround time for results.
- The fastest way to get your results is to sign up for the patient portal here.
- If your test is positive you will also receive a call from our staff as soon as we receive your test results.
- “Not detected” means the test was negative, and you do not have COVID-19.
- “Detected” means that the test result was positive.
- We are not currently offering antibody tests or rapid point-of-care tests.
WHEN CAN I RETURN TO WORK?
- If you previously tested positive for COVID, you can return to work 10 days from the beginning of symptoms and after 24 hours with no fever and no fever reducing medicine.
HOW ARE WE KEEPING EVERYONE SAFE?
Our staff do testing with full personal protective equipment in visit rooms, which are climate controlled and cleaned regularly for your safety. Our staff also clean the chairs and all items that individuals touch as part of the registration process.
If you have questions, please call us at 504-821-2601.
We will be asking all who enter our facilities the following questions:
- Do you have new symptoms associated with COVID-19 (in the last 2 weeks) such as fever, sore throat, cough, loss of taste or smell?
- If the answer is YES, would you like an urgent visit for this issue today? Please call or walk in to our testing site.
- If the answer is NO: We are requiring everyone to wear a mask for their appointments, please keep it on during your time at our facility for your safety and the safety of others.