Volunteers are the heart of CrescentCare
They support paid staff to provide comprehensive assistance for our clients, their families and loved ones as well as assist in the implementation and development of our programs and events. Like our clients, volunteers come from every segment of the community. They share the common bond of providing informative care, counseling and assistance for those seeking help from one of our seven locations.
Volunteering with CrescentCare requires awareness and sensitivity to the needs of our clients. At times, this includes working with clients addressing HIV and LGBTQ related issues. Although compassion, concern and caring go a long way, some areas require volunteers with specific skills, time commitments and specialized knowledge. The volunteer interview will help to answer questions about CrescentCare and volunteer areas while assuring proper placement and quality control for our programs. CrescentCare offers an HIV Awareness & Volunteer Training workshop which provides insight into the basics of HIV and the many programs and services that we provide. Volunteers are also encouraged to attend in-services, community events and other trainings which will help to provide them with the skills necessary to meet the ever-growing needs of the community.
Get involved and make a difference!
A few CrescentCare volunteer opportunities:
- Client services – Administrative support, surveys.
- Food For Friends – Kitchen services, meal delivery, and food pantry.
- Peer support – Assisting clients and overseeing Peer Support Suite.
- HIV testing & counseling – Volunteers administer and counsel individuals taking an HIV test at one of our locations, venue testing, and in the mobile CareVan. Persons being tested speak with a counselor before testing and when results are given.
- Special events – Red Ribbon Gala, Walk to End HIV, Dining Out For Life
- Administrative Support – CrescentCare often has opportunities available to help support our day-to-day operations at all locations
- Prevention/outreach – Volunteers assist with office administration, community outreach, HIV testing, etc.
Unconditional understanding of strict confidentiality guidelines is vital to the operation of CrescentCare. Please note that volunteering with CrescentCare requires the completion of a HIPAA test and documentation of a negative TB screening, Certain volunteer opportunities require successful completion of the CrescentCare HIV Awareness & Volunteer Training. Additional training is required for HIV counseling & testing.