Therapy Resource Guide
Please discuss insurance coverage and payment information with any provider.
- Contact your health insurance provider. Call your health insurance provider and ask for a list of in-network therapists or visit their website and use the “provider search/locator” tool to find in-network therapists.
- Utilize a “therapist locator” service online. There are free websites (several listed below) that enable you to find a local therapist who provides the type of therapy you’re looking for.
- Contact a community mental health clinic. Metropolitan Human Services District (504-568-3130), JeffCare (504-838-5257), and the “Guide to Behavioral Health Resources in the NOLA Area” (linked below) offer options.
In Crisis? Use a 24/7 crisis line (see below) or dial 9-1-1 for immediate assistance.
Therapist Locator Tools:
- Inclusive Therapist Locator
- Psychology Today Therapist Locator
- NAMI Resource Guide
- Top Online Therapy 2022
Group support at CrescentCare (No wait times!)
- DBT Skills Group—Learn skills to manage emotions, distress, and effective communication. Meets 11a-12p every Tuesday at CrescentCare St. Roch, 1631 Elysian Fields Ave. Ask your CrescentCare provider for a referral.
- Depression Therapy Group—Cognitive and behavioral therapies to improve depression. Meets 11a – 12:30p for two separate 4-week cycles on Wednesdays at CrescentCare St. Roch, 1631 Elysian Fields Ave. Ask your CrescentCare provider for a referral.
- RecoveryWorks—Intensive 10 hour per week group and individual therapy for substance addiction. Meets at CrescentCare St. Roch, 1631 Elysian Fields Ave. Call 504-821-2601 or ask a CrescentCare staff member for more information.
In Crisis? 24/7, Free, Confidential Support:
- Metropolitan Human Services District: 504-826-2675
- JeffCare: 504-832-5123
- Merakey 23-hr Walk-In Crisis Center: 3303 Tulane Ave., 504-302-1323
- Suicide Prevention Hotline: Call or text 988
- Louisiana Domestic Violence Hotline: 888-411-1333
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 800-656-HOPE (4673)
- Sexual Trauma / STAR: 855-435-STAR (7827)
- Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860
- LGBTQ Lifeline: 866-488-7386
- Ayuda en español: 888-628-9454
NAMI Support Group (for individuals living with mental health challenges).
NAMI Family Support Group (for family/significant others/friends of individuals living with mental health challenges).
- NOLA Family Justice (LGBTQ+ Partner Violence Survivor Group)
Akula Foundation (Grief Support)