Letter from the CEO
I am pleased to present to you CrescentCare’s 2023-2025 Strategic Plan. The following document represents the culmination of extensive collaboration, analysis, and careful consideration by our dedicated team. Our strategic plan outlines the path we will follow in the coming years to achieve our ambitious goals, fulfill our mission, and ensure CrescentCare’s continued success – all in support of the New Orleans community.
Since 1983, CrescentCare has believed in the power of a clear and well-defined strategy to guide our actions and shape our future. As we navigate the challenges and opportunities of the dynamic healthcare landscape, this strategic plan serves as our roadmap to make informed decisions and set our priorities.
Our mission: strengthening our entire community through whole-person healthcare and education, inspires our actions. To realize our mission, we have identified several key strategic priorities:
1. Develop Infrastructure, Operations, and Financial Resiliency
2. Create Quality Through Innovation and Flexibility
3. Pursue Increased Capacity and Growth
4. Maximize Organizational Alignment and Efficiency
5. Continue Our Journey Towards Equity and Diversity
6. Build and Strengthen Community Partnerships
To achieve our goals, we acknowledge that success requires a collective effort. Collaboration, innovation, and adaptability will be essential as we navigate the ever- changing healthcare landscape. I would like to express my gratitude to the CrescentCare team, including our outstanding staff and our Board of Trustees, for their dedication, hard work, and commitment to our mission, including during the recent pandemic. It is through their collective effort that this strategic plan will become a reality.
I am confident that with our shared vision we will achieve our goals and continue to thrive in the years ahead.
Chief Executive Officer
Strategic Plan 2023-2025
CrescentCare has utilized the prior planning activities as well as an assessment of the substantial progress to date as it developed the strategic goals and priorities for 2023-2025.
With significant new leadership in place, CrescentCare developed this strategic plan in the spring of 2023. In addition to the annual needs assessment, program review, focus groups for staff and patients, and patient, staff and board feedback, leadership staff completed an internal assessment of priorities and day long retreats were held in March and June 2023.
This strategic plan for 2023-2025 is a result of these significant evaluation and planning activities and was approved by the CrescentCare Board of Trustees in May of 2023. This document outlines CrescentCare’s strategic goals for the next three years and provides a guide for achieving strategic priorities. CrescentCare will continue annual needs assessments and other analyses throughout the plan years and will modify the strategic plan as needed going forward.
CrescentCare (previously NO/AIDS Task Force) is a non-profit, 501(c)3 community-based organization which has historically provided HIV/AIDS services throughout southeast Louisiana for 40 years. When NO/AIDS Task Force began in 1983, it primarily provided services in response to the growing crisis of HIV/AIDS. Over the past four decades, CrescentCare has grown tremendously and developed a wide array of services to meet community needs.
In 2013, the organization expanded its mission and became a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) providing medical and supportive services to a broader community of patients beyond people living with HIV and changed its name to CrescentCare. As an FQHC, the organization has rapidly expanded the number of patients served, more than tripling from 2015 to 2022 reflecting CrescentCare’s aggressive growth and expansion. CrescentCare continues to be a major provider of HIV services to the community and a leader in LGBTQ services; 21 percent of the patients in 2022 were living with HIV.
Today, CrescentCare has an annual operating budget of $56 million. CrescentCare’s 275 employees now serve more than 13,500 patients at two primary care sites and offers behavioral health and dental services.
CrescentCare also serves more than 3,500 individuals a year with supportive services such as case management, food programs, legal services, and other social services and more than 5,000 individuals a year are reached through testing and prevention outreach programs.
At its 40-year benchmark, CrescentCare has a new mission, vision, and values statement in place, as well as a new Chief Executive Officer. The following plan refreshes CrescentCare’s strategic goals and plans to continue meeting the needs of the community.
MISSION, VISION, AND VALUES
As CrescentCare has grown and evolved, it also recognized the need to modify its mission, vision, and values statements. The previous statements had been in effect since 2013 and much has changed in the health care landscape, CrescentCare’s services and patients, and the local community. The new statements adopted in 2022 are as follows:
Mission: Strengthening our entire community through whole-person healthcare and education.
Vision: A community without barriers to care, where all people have the power to be healthy and whole.
Inclusivity: We provide compassionate care for all, regardless of race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, housing and immigration status, income, language, cultural identity, and disability.
Representation: We reflect the communities we serve. Dignity: We honor the lived experience of our clients and staff.
Strategic Goals and Priorities for 2023-2025
- Develop Infrastructure, Operations, and Financial Resiliency —Solidify and continue to improve all aspects of organizational infrastructure including facilities, technology, and data This includes moving to a new mid City location. Continue to improve logistics, workflows, and scheduling to improve patient experience, and efficiencies. Ensure future financial sustainability with diversified funding and continue to actively pursue all appropriate funding opportunities and improve financial management and receivables processes.
- Create Quality Through Innovation and Flexibility--Continue to be an innovative organization that can readily adapt to changing health care environments and community needs and implement cutting edge programs that align with the mission and core services. Improve patient health outcomes through improved population health, disease management, and data analytics. Continue to improve patient satisfaction with services.
- Pursue Increased Capacity and Growth--Continue to grow and expand patient base and improve access through additional providers and Regularly assess new opportunities for growth and expansion.
- Maximize Organizational Alignment and Efficiency--Ensure that departments and services are organized for maximum impact and efficiency, assess ongoing cost-effectiveness of Continue to improve efficiency and productivity in programs and services.
- Continue Our Journey Towards Equity and Diversity--Continue to prioritize equity and reduction of disparities. Increase staff and board diversity, ensure agency-wide cultural learning, and be a community leader in reducing disparities and improving Build on the legacy as a leader in LGBTQ services and strong community safety net organization serving the most vulnerable while also continuing to expand patient base to the general community.
- Build and Strengthen Community Partnerships--Continue to build community partnerships with other organizations to leverage resources, improve community relations, and improve outreach to and awareness in the Grow and strengthen partnerships with funders, community, other organizations.