CrescentCare offers behavioral health services to anyone receiving primary medical care from us. Services are offered in individual and group sessions by licensed mental health professionals. Access to all services require a referral from your CrescentCare primary care provider, except the RecoveryWorks Intensive Outpatient Program, which is open to all.
Due to a significant increase in requests for general therapy/counseling services, the current wait time for individual therapy at CrescentCare exceeds nine months. We’re working hard to shorten wait times and increase access but want to make sure you’re aware of current wait times so you can make an informed decision. In the meantime, we’ve compiled a guide for accessing therapy from other sources so that you can get the support you need.
- Pediatric and Adult Psychiatry: Approximately 4-6 weeks.
- Pediatric and Adult Therapy: Exceeds nine months.
- Adult Group Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Depression: No wait time.
- Adult Group Psychotherapy, Dialectic Behavior Therapy Skills for Emotion Regulation: No wait time
- Adult psychological and neurocognitive testing: Approximately five months.
- Adult Addictions Therapy: No wait time for services through the RecoveryWorks Intensive Outpatient Program.
- Adult Mental Health Rehabilitation: Approximately 4-6 weeks.
In Crisis? 24/7, Free, Confidential Support:
- Metropolitan Human Services District: 504-826-2675
- JeffCare: 504-832-5123
- Merakey 23-hr Walk-In Crisis Center: 3303 Tulane Ave., 504-302-1323
- Suicide Prevention Hotline: Call or text 988
- Louisiana Domestic Violence Hotline: 888-411-1333
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 800-656-HOPE (4673)
- Sexual Trauma / STAR: 855-435-STAR (7827)
- Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860
- LGBTQ Lifeline: 866-488-7386
- Ayuda en español: 888-628-9454
Behavioral health services include informed consent, assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, treatment, and termination. All CrescentCare providers who prescribe medication adhere to safe prescribing practices. Especially with respect to stimulant, benzodiazepine, opioid, and narcotic medications, each individual in our care enters into a Controlled Medication Agreement with their provider.